Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication’s very own Tom Reichert was elected as the American Academy of Advertising (AAA) President-Elect for the 2017-2018 conference-to-conference year.
The AAA is an organization for advertising scholars and professionals to express their interest in the advertising industry and education. Members have the opportunity to engage in field research and exchange ideas with other professional and academic members.
In 1962, members outlined the purpose of The AAA. These factors include:
- To coordinate efforts to advance advertising education
- To emphasize the value of professional education for advertising
- To study, evaluate and improve advertising education
- To stimulate research concerning advertising education
- To develop closer liaison between academic disciplines, and
- To encourage closer cooperation between teachers of advertising.
The Grady College faculty and staff celebrate Tom and his success in AAA. “We are excited that Tom will take the helm of the American Academy of Advertising. It is the leading organization for advertising educators and those interested in advertising education. The AAA holds two annual conferences and has three academic journals under its umbrella. We look forward to Tom’s leadership as he will do a great job continuing the forward momentum of the organization,” said Dr. Karen King, Jim Kennedy New Media and Advertising Professor.
Grady College and the AdPR Department look forward to supporting Tom in his role with the American Academy of Advertising.